Friday, November 12, 2010

Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund

Wow! Shout out for Anne Osterlund, a fellow Oregonian. I really enjoyed Academy 7. I never would have read it if it hadn't been for Aurelia. This book brought back all the joy of watching Star Trek with my dad, minus the random weird alien life forms. This is also a detour from my Princess stories, sort of.

The story starts out with Aerin flying in a spaceship that is rapidly failing. She sends out a distress call that launches her into a world she never could have imagined. A world she never even knew about. She eventually crosses pathes with Dane, a young man who looks like a spoiled rich kid, but has a life almost as difficult as her own. Too much more and I might jeopardize the integrity of the author's layered story. This was every bit as fanciful as my favorite princess stories, the horse were just exchanged for spaceships and the evil sorceress, dragon, etc for slavery and an over ambitious government. I sincerely hope that there will be a sequel. ( I read this whole book in less than 24 hours, it was that good)

No comments:

Post a Comment