Friday, October 14, 2016

The Thirteenth Chance by Amy Matayo

Do you think that an obsessive compulsive, neat freak and a womanizing ball player can find love? Well, you are about to find out.

CRAZY, crazy, crazy! There are so many levels of crazy that you just have to shake your head and keep reading.

Let's start with the fact that Olivia walks her cat on a leash. I know that there are people out there that do this. I may even have been guilty of this at one point except for the fact that my cat wasn't having anything to do with it. The moment the harness was put on him, he would flop over as if his legs no longer worked.

The second example is that Olivia agrees to a pretend relationship to help her neighbor evade a negative publicity moment. I might be willing to go on one "date" but there is no way I would be willing to give up my whole summer just to make sure that someone else can save face.

Olivia is so quirky and over analytical. Her inner dialogue is definitely worse than mine, but I could relate to her moments of crazy. Her heart is kind and she looks out for the children in her classroom. This is where she and I diverge. I struggle at being neat, let alone as focused on it as Olivia. My lack of risk taking behavior would never allow me to even pretend date a womanizing athlete. And yet, I loved reading about her journey.

Will Vandergriff is the bad boy we all love and hope will reform his errant ways. He is the perfect foil to Olivia. He is handsome and easy going, if a bit irresponsible. He may have full command of his social grace, but his disposable attitude toward women and his penchant for making bad choices really challenge his leading man status.

Read The Thirteenth Chance to discover what happens to Olivia and Will during their crazy fake relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment