Monday, October 10, 2016

Since You've Been Gone by Christa Allan

This is not a typical genre that I would read. I generally avoid anything that is likely to make me cry.  And yet, I found Christa's book gut-wrenching in it's honesty. There was not a moment of doubt that this story line could have been a true story. It did not feel rushed and had equal moments of despair and healing. Olivia walks through some of the darkest moments a woman can face, one on top of the other.  This story, although fictional, is evidence that our faith can continue to be small and yet still present. I found it interesting that those closest to Olivia were the ones most likely to overly protect her. It took strangers and former friends to help her emerge out of her sorrow. And yet, each person was necessary for Olivia to be able to heal.  I think that Ruthie was probably my favorite character and I love the quiet tenacity of Evan. In all, Olivia's journey is one of sorrow and healing and definitely worth your time to read.Read Since You've Been Gone today!

1 comment: