Friday, August 12, 2016

Disillusioned by Christy Barritt

 I love the crime genre but I do not always love the gore, profanity and sexuality that accompanies some of the plots. When I see Ms. Barritt's name, I know that I can expect a good, thrilling ride without all of the nastiness that other authors feel compelled to include. I have enjoyed reading Ms. Barritt's Squeaky Clean series, so I was very excited to see a new title from her.

Disillusioned grabbed me, from the opening pages, with a compelling story. The pages were full of suspense and tension and just like her Squeaky Clean series, there are no elicit love scenes. The ending may not have surprised me, but there were definitely enough red herrings that I wasn't sure which scenario would be the ultimate ending.

Remember all the hub bub around Bowe Bergdahl. Did you ever wonder if he was innocent or were you convinced he was guilty. Bobby Wright finds himself in a similar position. Fortunately for Bobby, he has a sister that will fight with everything she has to prove his innocence. From the moment they are introduced to the reader, they are fighting for their chance at survival. Nikki risks everything to keep her Navy SEAL brother safe. She even relies on someone who broke her heart because he is the best chance her brother has for freedom. Nikki and Bobby are not only running from the FBI and Homeland Security, but they are also trying to discover a terrorist on US soil. ARM kidnapped Bobby and he was never supposed to survive. Now ARM is coming after Bobby with a vengeance. Both Bobby and Nikki face their own battles with disillusionment. Bobby's is with the world around him. Nikki's is with a God who didn't answer in the way that Nikki expected. Join Nikki Wright on her journey to battle spiritual disillusionment and political conspiracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment