Thursday, August 4, 2016

Crystallum by Laney McMann

I just finished reading this book and I have to say that I am disappointed; disappointed that I have to wait for the continuation of the story as this installment was just released.

The beginning of the story left me in much confusion. Much as the heroine of this story, I couldn't figure out what the sides were let alone who was good and who was bad. By the middle of the story, I didn't care anymore who was what. I was equally infatuated with Kade's love interest, forbidden or not. Kadence Sparrow enters a new town the summer before her senior year. Daughter of a neurosurgeon, she was prone to moving wherever her father's job took them. She lives by rules to protect a secret: no boyfriends, no close friends, show no one who you really are. All these rules come crashing down when she meets Cole Spires. Crystallum is part modern day Romeo and Juliet and part sci-fi demon hunters, reminiscent of Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunters. I highly recommend it and, one more thing, she really caught me with the antagonist. I did not see that coming! Read the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment