Sunday, May 21, 2017

The Rise of the Dawnstar by Farah Oomerbhoy

This was a pleasant surprise. I have not read the first book in the series, The Last of The Firedrakes, but I definitely plan to now. The author provided enough connection to the first story that I was not completely lost in the events that led to this book. The beginning was a little slow for me, but the pace definitely picked up and proved exciting. I appreciate that the romance element was clean and that it took a backseat to the elements of fantasy and adventure.

Aurora must set out on a journey to her grandmother's kingdom, the only place that she will find safety. While there, she must also learn about her heritage and improve her skills with her fae abilities. She is met with animosity and resistance, as she is not a full fae, instead she is half mage and in danger from the very people with which she seek refuge.

This is a dazzling coming of age story full of intrigue and politics. I think fans of the Fantasy genre will greatly enjoy this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment