Monday, May 15, 2017

The Hidden Legacy by Christine Rees

I really enjoyed reading this story full of teens with para-normal abilities. It reminded me of X-Men in a way. Faye is an outcast at her school but gets a new start when she moves to her Grandmother's house in Astoria, Oregon. She has to navigate a new school while trying to keep her abilities hidden. Unfortunately, she has a premonition of someone's death. Even more unfortunate, that person is the first person she meets at her new school. Faye finds a place for herself at the new school, only to find out that someone is searching for her and does not have good intentions.

Some might find the story predictable, but I do not feel like it diminished the quality of the story. I enjoyed the twists that were thrown in and was surprised once or twice by the author. I feel like she was able to capture the feel of high school without making it overly juvenile. The author provided a suspenseful tone that kept me engaged. She also answered enough of my questions before she ended with a cliffhanger. This was a clean read. I look forward to reading the next chapters of Faye's story.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christi,
    Thank you for reading and reviewing The Hidden Legacy. I am absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed it! If you are interested in keeping up with future books, giveaways, and the next part of Faye's journey, feel free to check out my socials for updates to come. :)

    www.christinerees.com
    Instagram/Twitter: @Christineeerees
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorChristineRees/

    Have a wonderful week!

    Christine Rees
    (Author of The Hidden Legacy)

    ReplyDelete