Friday, August 4, 2017

Begin Again by Crystal Walton



When I started reading Begin Again, it felt a lot like the first book. Drew was the reserved one trying to overcome past hurts while trying to save his father's heritage and Ti was the one pushing his boundaries. There was even the spunky senior, Grandma Jo.

However, the more I got into the book, the more I realized that it was its own story. I think that I love this one even more than Write Me Home. I could hear the New York sass pour out of Ti. She was be choice a superficial person, so that she could hide all the deep hurts started by her parents and perpetuated by every male relationship that followed; until Drew.

Drew reminds me of my husband. Someone who is thoughtful about his approach to life. He analysis and processes how to take care of the people in his life. Drew demonstrates a love and patience that is not often found. Despite the cost to himself, he continues to deliver what he feels the other person needs. He isn't perfect and some of his responses are quick and selfish. For those he loves, it is a steady love.

Ti battles issues of sexual abuse, forgiveness, belonging and love. While other characters also tackle neglect and love. Faith played a stronger role, as you will see characters battling with their understanding of a loving God.

This was definitely my kind of story and I am eager to read the next story, Just Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment